Terms & Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
- "Purchaser" means the person who buys or agrees to buy the Products or Services from the Seller.
- "Seller" means PAT Training Services Limited who are trading on this web site as napitdirect.co.uk
- "Company" means PAT Training Services Limited who are trading on this web site as napitdirect.co.uk
- "Conditions" means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Seller.
- "Delivery date" means the date specified by the Seller when the Products or Services are to be delivered.
- "Products" means those goods specified. "Services" means those services specified.
- "Price" means the price for the Products or Services excluding carriage, insurance, VAT and if appropriate any export duties or taxes.
- "Manufacturers Calibration" Where offered is issued at the time of manufacture by the manufacturer and is valid from the date the equipment is commissioned into use. We offer an option of having the unit calibrated on the day of purchase for those who require it, and as such is charged at the advertised rate.
The headings in these Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
PAT Training Services prioritises above anything else that our customers are fully satisfied with our service and the goods purchased. In the event where a return is requested please contact us within 28 calendar days of receipt for a refund. All returned goods must be received back at PAT Training Services Limited's address within 30 days. All products returned must include all original items undamaged, in re-saleable condition, all original packaging including manuals, warranty forms, boxes, product sleeves etc. Software, book and DVD sales are not refundable once opened. Shipping and handling fees are not refundable. The Purchaser is responsible for all shipping costs incurred shipping products back to PAT Training Services Limited. We strongly recommend you use a recorded/insured delivery service as we regret that we cannot be held responsible for goods lost in transit. We comply with UK regulations more information can be found in The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 which can be found at www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm/
Incorrect or Damaged Goods
In the unlikely event that you receive physically damaged goods or items are missing from your order PAT Training Services Ltd. must be notified within 24 hours or before the end of the next working day. If you have received incorrect goods PAT Training Services Ltd. must be notified within 14 calendar days to rectify this. In an event where you receive incorrect goods, please retain all original packaging for us to swap the goods for you. All items sent out are packaged up thoroughly to ensure safe transit and we only use highly credible courier companies. PAT Training Services Ltd. do strongly recommend that you thoroughly check your goods upon receipt and in the case of any discrepancies contact us within the aforementioned time period.
Placing an order does not constitute our acceptance of the order. Acceptance is only granted when the order has been confirmed (by email or in writing) by us. We reserve the right to decline acceptance of any order.
Currency and Prices
All Prices quoted on this web site are in UK Pounds Sterling: GBP. Our standard carriage charges are to UK mainland addresses although some products are offered with free carriage to UK mainland only. All Prices quoted by the Seller are ex-works and the Purchaser shall in addition pay all charges for insurance, VAT and if appropriate any export duties or taxes and if the items are large or heavy additional charges for export. Please contact us for an export pricing quote.
Overseas customers with a valid VAT Number are required to register an account with us before they can be considered tax exempt.
For all late payment of monies not received within the agreed payment terms, PAT Training Services Limited shall be entitled to make a legal claim to recover monies due plus a 15% surcharge of the amount outstanding and the Purchaser will also be liable for all debt collection charges, interest, court costs, legal fees costs and statutory compensation as laid down in the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002.
The title to any software equipment supplied by the Seller will not pass to you. Title to other Products supplied by the Seller will not pass to you until all monies due under the contract are received by the Seller.
- Although a binding agreement for the sale of goods is formed when an order (whether written or verbal) is received by the Seller and the Seller, may at their discretion, dispatch an acknowledgement of the order together with the terms and conditions, the title in the goods shall remain with the Seller and shall not pass to the Purchaser until the amount due under the invoice from PAT Training Services Limited (including interest and costs) has been paid in full.
- Until title passes the Purchaser shall hold the goods as bailee for the Seller and shall store or mark them (without causing damage) so that they can at all times be identified as the property of the Seller.
- The Seller may at any time before title passes and without liability to the Purchaser, and to which the Purchaser hereby gives its irrevocable authority to the Seller and its agent to:- Repossess and dismantle whether tangible or intangible and use or sell any of the goods and by doing so terminate the Purchaser's rights to use, sell or otherwise deal in them and, (for that purpose of determining what if any goods are held by the Purchaser and inspecting them) enter the premises of or occupied by the Purchaser.
- The Purchaser is licensed by the Seller to agree to sell on the Seller's goods save that no title in the goods shall pass on the sub-sale unless and until payment is made for these goods and subject to the express condition that the entire proceeds thereof are held in trust for the Seller and not mingled with other monies or paid into any overdrawn bank account and at all times be identifiable as the Sellers monies.
- The Seller may maintain an action for the price of any goods notwithstanding the title in them has not passed to the Purchaser.
PAT Training Services Limited warrants to the Purchaser that any new goods which prove to be defective in workmanship or material, and which are returned to the PAT Training Services Limited within 1 year from the date of the original shipment, will be repaired or replaced without charge subject to:
- The goods being supplied by PAT Training Services Limited.
- The defect being proven to the satisfaction of the PAT Training Services Limited and or the manufacturer.
- No liability is accepted by the PAT Training Services Limited for any labour charges incurred in replacing parts or complete equipment under guarantee.
Save as aforesaid, no liability is accepted by the PAT Training Services Limited for any loss, damage, injury or destruction suffered by the Purchaser, or any other person arising from the purchase, storage, handling, use, resale or sub hire of goods purchased or hired from the Seller. The Seller's total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation or otherwise, shall be limited to the Price of the Products or Services. Under no circumstances will liability extend to paying the Purchaser damages for consequential losses. Second user/Second hand goods have a one month warranty maximum, a full refund will be given for these type of goods within this 1 month warranty period.
PAT Training Services Limited and the manufacturers of the products we supply, reserve the right to change specification or design of any products and the price of products or services without prior notice. We also reserve the right to cancel, alter the format, venue and timing of training courses. This includes all items mentioned on this web site, or in any correspondence. All goods are offered subject to being unsold. Please note the actual colour of some items may be different from the images on this web site.
Delivery will be made to the place designated by you on your accepted order and will normally be made during normal business hours: 0900 to 1730 hours GMT. Any delivery dates or times given by the Seller or our carriers are best estimates only and we will not be liable to you for any claim for loss or damage sustained by you as a result of a failure to comply with our estimated time scales. Under no circumstances will late delivery entitle the Purchaser to treat the contract as repudiated. Delivery of products to the carrier shall constitute delivery thereof to the Purchaser, and thereafter such products shall be at the Purchaser's risk. Any claims for damages or shortages occurring after such delivery should be directed by the Purchaser to the carrier.
All DPD deliveries will be to the delivery address on the order (unless the delivery is altered in any way by the customer direct with DPD).
Deliveries "signed for" by any person at the delivery address on the order constitutes a successful delivery. Should you specifically require the named person on the order to sign for the delivery you must notify us of their mobile telephone number when placing the order. The named person will receive a text from DPD with an hour time slot of delivery, they must be at the delivery location to sign for the order. Should the named person not be there anyone at the delivery address can sign for the order and it then constitutes a successful "signed for" delivery.
For smaller packages we use Royal Mail 48-Hour Delivery Services. We assume that goods delivered by Royal Mail have been delivered successfully unless we are notified within 14 days of the date that the e-mail confirmation of shipping is sent to the customer. Please note that we will not replace or refund the cost of any goods if the customer fails to notify us of failed delivery within 14 days of receiving the shipping confirmation e-mail.
Royal Mail have a policy of leaving packages (recorded and non-recorded) with a neighbour and leaving a card to notify you of the alternative address. For most people this should act as a convenience, however if you would like to "opt out" of alternative delivery addresses to stop packages falling into the hands of non-cooperative neighbours you can display a sticker on / near your postbox. Please apply for the sticker here: http://goo.gl/qU4RA.
PLEASE NOTE: PAT Training Services Ltd, will not be liable to replace goods if they are delivered to neighbours addresses. Unless photographic evidence can be provided within 24 hours to prove that you have "opted out" of the scheme.
Collection or Delivery of Customers Property
In instances where PAT Training Services Ltd have arranged delivery or collection using our courier partner, PAT Training Services Ltd cannot offer compensation for goods lost by our courier before the goods are declared as “lost” by the courier. In such an instance PAT Training Services Ltd. will raise a case with the courier who will carry out a search for the missing parcel internally. Once completed PAT Training Services Ltd will only offer compensation in form of a product replacement which will be either the same product or its closest current equivalent in cases where the lost goods cannot be located. Our courier partner class a parcel as “lost” six working days after the date they are first notified.
Commercial Invoices and Declared Values.
All international shipments will be accompanied by a commercial invoice. The values on the commercial invoice will be set to exactly what was paid for the product. We cannot lower the declared value or mark the package as anything but a commercially purchased item.
The Seller shall not be liable to the Purchaser in any way, or deemed to be in breach of this Contract because of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of the Sellers obligations under this Contract if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Sellers reasonable control.
This web site contains trademarks belonging to PAT Training Services Limited and other companies, it also contains unregistered trademarks include logos, graphics, phrases words and icons. No rights are granted in respect of any of the registered or unregistered trademarks. If you are unsure whether an item is a trademark of PAT Training Services Limited then please contact us in writing and send your request to the Registered Office address shown on the bottom of this web page.
To make any purchases directly from this NAPIT Direct website (www.napitdirect.co.uk) session cookies must be enabled on your computer. Session cookies are cached (stored in memory) while you are visiting the Web site and are deleted from your cache when you close your browser, they are only available during an active session, in other words, while you are on the Web site. These session cookies do not permanently record data and are not stored on your computer's hard drive. Session cookies do not give the Web site access to anything else on your system, including any private information about you. Only the Web site that placed the cookie can retrieve it. Unlike persistent cookies, which are stored on your hard drive for a length of time set by the Web site. If we did not use session cookies then purchasing products directly of this web site would be impossible. You can set your browser to detect and reject cookies. If you use Internet Explorer as a browser:
- Choose the Tools menu entry, then Internet Options
- Select the Privacy tab, then click Advanced button.
- Choose how you'd like to handle cookies.
- To make any purchase from this web site then you must allow session cookies.